- 09/29/14–19:30: Navratri Day 6 – Durga Puja Day 2 – Muhurat & Puja Vidhip
Navratri has reached its zenith with the arrival of sixth day. Maa Durga incarnates herself in the form of Katyayani Mata, on this day. Let’s witness a divine spectacle when all the devotees express devotion and dedication to Katyayani Devi for a better and secured future ahead.
Panchang Of The Day
(Below given Panchanga is on the basis of New Delhi region.)
- Today, the time of sunrise is 06:16 am and sunset is at 06:04 pm .
- Moonrise is at 11:32 am and it is setting at 10:33 pm.
- The Tithi (Hindu day) is Shashthi (the sixth day) – 03:00 pm, Ashvin month, Shukla Paksha (bright half), and Jyestha Nakshatra (11:44 pm) is prevailing.
- Rahukaal is beginning at 03:07 pm and ending at 04:35 pm.
- Amrit Kaal is from 02:59 pm to 04:35 pm.
- Puja Muhurat: From 06:12 am to 07:42 am
About Goddess Katyayani
Maa Katyayani is depicted as having three eyes and four hands. She holds a sword in her upper left hand, while a lotus flower is seen placed in her lower left hand. Now, let’s talk about her right hand portion. Maa Katyayani right side half shows a calmer positioning; her upper right hand and lower right hand are in protecting and allowing gestures, respectively. Maa Katyayani was born to Sage Katyayan, after he voluntarily held a penance to beget Maa Durga as his daughter. Hence, she is known as Maa Katyayani. The sixth day of Navratri is also considered to be very important by the Sadhaks, as this day is believed to be the appropriate one to observe spiritual practices. It is also believed that if a strict penance is followed to please Maa Katyayani by women who is facing delays in her marriage, Maa definitely eliminates such hurdles.
कात्यायनी शुभं दद्या देवी दानव घातिनि ||
Puja Vidhi Of The Day
Talking about the sixth day of Navratri, the same rituals will be followed this day as in the other days of Navratri. It is said that worshiping Devi Katyayani helps a follower attain Dharma, Kama, Moksha, Artha. The rituals start with worshiping the Kalash. It is believed that Gods reside inside the Kalash, hence, worshiping of Kalash is considered to be of such high auspiciousness. After this, the family members of Devi are venerated.
The Puja Vidhi or rituals of worshiping Goddess Katyayani is almost the same as observed to venerate other forms of Nav Durga on other days of the Navratras.
Second Day Of Durga Puja
Today is the second day of Durga Puja, also known as Maha Shashthi. On this day, Bodhon rituals are conducted. In this, the face of Goddess Durga is unveiled in front of the followers. On this day, Durga Mata is formally welcomed to her parents’ house.
Maha Shashthi rituals take place in four stages:
- Kalparamba: This is the beginning phase of the Pujas
- Bodhan: This is the phase where Durga Devi is consecrated during Durga Puja
- Amantran: Goddess Durga is invited to earth at this phase, and
- Adhivas: Purification of Durga Maa idols takes place now, when idols of the deity are set up in different Pandals (temporary structures)
Durga Puja Mantra
Sthane Chatra Sthira Bhav.
Yavata Pujaam Karisyami Tavata Tvam SnidhoBhav.
Shri Jagadambaye Durga Devye Namha. Durgadevimaawahayami.AawahanartheyePushpaanjaliSamarpayami.
This Durga Puja, do not forget to get absorbed in the festive carnival. It’s a wonderful to be a part of it. You can also Durga Puja greetings and Durga Puja wallpapers to your close friends and relatives.
Check out our detailed article on Navratri 2014 and widen your knowledge about these auspicious nine days. To read this article, go on the given link:Navratri 2014
Keep the Goddess Durga with you on the go by keeping Durga Chalisa in your mobile phone: Download Durga Chalisa E-book FREE