Sawan Shivratri 2015 Shivling Jal abhishek Shubh Muhurat and Vidhi
Sawan Shivratri Shivling Jal abhishek Shubh Muhurat (Perfect timing) and Vidhi (Step by step procedure): Shravan Month Shivratri or Sawan Shivratri 2015 comes to the corner and all the Kanwariya or Saiva Bhakt waiting for offering holy water Gangajal to Shivalinga on this shivratri, but performing Jal abhisheka of shivalinga on shivratri on perfect timing has its own importance and it’s the right time to get lord shiva blessing. Here we are providing the information about the sawan shivratri 2015 Shivlinga Jal Abhishek Shubh muhurat(Best Timing) or procedure to performing Shivlinga Jal Abhisheka.
As per the Hindu holy book of Lord Shiva Shiva Purana, sincere worship of Lord Shiva yields merits including spiritual growth for the devotees. It also provides extensive details on the right way to perform Shivratri Pooja and to get the full blessing of Lord Shiva require best timing (Shubh muhurat).
Lord Shiva Shiva Purana further says that performing abhisheka of ShivaLinga with six different dravyas including milk, yoghurt, honey, ghee, sugar and water while chanting Sri Rudram, Chamakam and Dasa Shanthi pleases Lord Shiva the most.
As per the mythology, each of these dravya used in the abhisheka blesses a unique quality:
- Milk is for the blessing of purity and piousness.
- Yogurt is for prosperity and progeny.
- Honey is for sweet speech.
- Ghee is for victory.
- Sugar is for happiness.
- Water is for purity.
Besides, worship of Lord Shiva on Sawan Shivratri is also considered to be extremely beneficial for married women and unmarried girls. While, married women pray to Shiva for the well being of their husbands and sons, unmarried girls pray for a husband like Shiva, who is considered to be the ideal husband.
How to perform Jal Abhisheka of Shivalinga on Sawan Shivaratri:
Here we are providing the procedure how to perform jal abhisheka of Lord Shiva Shivlinga on Sawan Shivratri, follow the steps and get maximum blessing on sawan shivratri of lord shiva:
- On Shivratri get up early (Try to get up before sunrise), take bath and wear clean clothes.
- Holy bath on Sawan Shivaratri purifies body and soul. So, take bath in Ganga or nearby river. If this is not possible you can add some black sesame seeds and Holy Ganga Water into water and take bath.
- On Shivratri take vow to observe full day fast and to break it on the next day.
- Now perform Sawan Shivaratri puja. Worship Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati.
- The main ritual of Shiva puja is performing Jal Abhishek of Lord Shiva Shivalingam.
- Jal Abhisheka can be performed using milk, yoghurt, honey, ghee, sugar and water.
- These six items form an essential part of Sawan Shivaratri Puja. You must perform this simple puja ritual at home or in temple to please Lord Shiva.
- For those Lord Shiva Sawan Shivratri vrat followers who perform four Prahar Puja use following;
- Water during first Prahar Jal Abhishek,
- Curd during second Prahar,
- Ghee during third and
- Honey during fourth Prahar Abhishek.
- Offer flower, Bilva leaves, dhatura, sandalwood paste and vibhuti to Shivalingam.
- You can also offer Ber or jujube fruit, betel leaves, incense sticks.
- Light lamp and Dhupa. Keep chanting Om Namah Shivaya and Maha mrityunjaya mantra of Lord Shiva.
- Finally perform Shiva Aarti and read 108 names of Shiva.
- Sawan Shivaratri Puja should be done during night also.
- Stay awake at night and spent the time chanting Shiva prayers.
- Next day morning break your fast after taking bath.
Sawan Shivaratri Jal Abhishek Shubh Muhurat (Perfect Timing):
- Nishita Kaal Puja Time = 24:04+ to 24:48+
- Duration = 0 Hours 43 Mins
- On 13th, Sawan Shivaratri Parana Time = 05:52 to 15:42
Best Timing for those who perform four prahar lord Shiva Prayer or worship:
- Ratri First Prahar Puja Time = 18:59 to 21:42
- Ratri Second Prahar Puja Time = 21:42 to 24:26+
- Ratri Third Prahar Puja Time = 24:26+ to 27:09+
- Ratri Fourth Prahar Puja Time = 27:09+ to 29:52+
- Chaturdashi Tithi Begins = 17:40 (05:40 PM) on 12-Aug-2015
- Chaturdashi Tithi Ends = 18:49 on 13/Aug/2015
Jai Bholenath, Happy Sawan Shivratri 2015 to all my viewers.
- Sawan Shivaratri Jal Abhishek vidhi hindi,
- Sawan Shivaratri jal abhishek shubh muhurat,
- Sawan Shivaratri wishes in hindi,
- Lord Shiva blessing sms on shivratri hindi,
- Bholenath Shivratri shayari sms marathi
Search for city:
2015 Sawan Shivaratri Date and Puja Timings for New Delhi, India
Sawan Shivaratri Puja Muhurat
On 13th, Sawan Shivaratri Parana Time = 05:52 to 15:42
Ratri Second Prahar Puja Time = 21:42 to 24:26+
Ratri Third Prahar Puja Time = 24:26+ to 27:09+
Ratri Fourth Prahar Puja Time = 27:09+ to 29:52+
Chaturdashi Tithi Ends = 18:49 on 13/Aug/2015
Chaturdashi Tithi during Krishna Paksha is observed as Masik Shivaratri or Masa Shivaratri and staunch devotees of Lord Shiva observe fast and worship Shiva Linga on all Shivaratris in the year. In a year there are usually twelve Shivaratri days.
Shivaratri which falls during Shravana month is known as Sawan Shivaratri. As whole Shravana month is dedicated to perform Shiva Puja, Masa Shivaratri during Sawan month is considered highly auspicious. However, the most significant Shivaratri which is known as Maha Shivaratri falls during February or March which corresponds to Phalguna month according to North Indian calendar.
Famous Shiva temples in North India, Kashi Vishwanath and Badrinath Dham arrange special Pujas and Shiva Darshan during Sawan month. Thousands of Shiva devotees visit Shiva shrines during Sawan month and perform Gangajal Abhishekam.
Sawan Shivaratri is more popular in North Indian states – Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Bihar where Purnimant Lunar Calendar is followed. In Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu where Amavasyant Lunar Calendar is followed Sawan Shivaratri corresponds to Ashadha Shivaratri.
Vrat Vidhi – One day before Shivaratri Vratam, most likely on Trayodashi, devotees should eat only one time. On Shivaratri day, after finishing morning rituals devotees should take Sankalp(संकल्प) to observe full day fast on Shivaratri and to take food on next day. During Sankalp devotees pledge for self-determination throughout the fasting period and seek blessing of Lord Shiva to finish the fast without any interference.
On Shivaratri day devotees should take second bath in the evening before doing Shiva Puja or visiting temple. Shiva Puja should be done during night and devotees should break the fast next day after taking bath. Devotees should break the fast between sunrise and before the end of Chaturdashi Tithi to get maximum benefit of the Vrat. According to one contradictory opinion devotees should break the fast only when Chaturdashi Tithi gets over. But it is believed that both Shiva Puja andParana (पारणा) i.e. breaking the fast should be done within Chaturdashi Tithi.
Sawan Shivaratri is also spelled as Shravana Shivratri. Hariyali Amavasya, another auspicious day during Sawan month, falls one or two days after Sawan Shivaratri day.
Sawan Shivratri Puja Muhurat
Nishita Kaal Puja Time = 23:45 (12 Aug) to 00:29 (13 Aug)
Sawan Shivaratri Parana Time (on 13 August) = 05:38 to 15:21
Ratri Prahar Puja Time (First) = 18:36 to 21:22
Ratri Prahar Puja Time (Second) = 21:22 (on 12 Aug) to 00:07 (on 13 Aug)
Ratri Prahar Puja Time (Third) = 00:07 (on 13 Aug) to 02:53 (on 13 Aug)
Ratri Prahar Puja Time (Fourth) = 02:53 (on 13 Aug) to 05:38 (on 13 Aug)
Chaturdashi Tithi Starts = 17:40 on 12 August 2015
Chaturdashi Tithi Ends = 18:49 on 13 August 2015
Panchang for Sawan Shivaratri Day
Hindu Panchang for 12 August 2015, Wednesday, for Allahabad, India.
12 August 2015, Wednesday
1937 Manmatha Shaka Samvat
2072 Kilaka Vikram Samvat
Ashadha Amanta Month
Shravana Purnimanta Month
Nakshatra and Tithi
Trayodashi Tithi upto 17:40
Punarvasu Nakshatra upto 21:23
Ashlesha Surya Nakshatra
Siddhi Yoga upto 05:21 on 13 August 2015
Sunsign and Moonsign
Mithuna Moonsign upto 14:59
Sunrise and Moonrise
Moonrise: 04:16 on 13 August 2015
Vanija Karana upto 17:40
Vishti Karana upto Full Night
Shubh Muhurat (Good Timings)
Amrit Kaal: 18:51 – 20:32
Abhijit Muhurat: None
Ashubh Muhurat (Bad Timings)
Rahu Kaal: 12:07 – 13:44
Gulikai Kaal: 10:30 – 12:07
Yamaganda: 07:15 – 08:52
Dur Muhurat: 11:41 – 12:33
Varjyam: 08:41 – 10:22
Anandadi Yoga and Tamil Yoga
Gada Anandadi Yoga upto 21:23
Matanga Anandadi Yoga
Marana Tamil Yoga upto 21:23
Amrita Tamil Yoga
Image via Creative Commons
There is 15 days difference in starting time of Sawan month depending on the … The month of Shravan, popularly known as Sawan, is the fifth month of the Hindu …… Maha Shivratri – 2015 · Maha Shivratri Recipes · Mahalakshmi Ashtakam …
He showers his limitless favor on his devotees in the month of Savan. Along with the special Savan Somvars (Mondays) and Savan Shivratri, the whole month of …
Sawan Shivratri (Masa Shivaratri Puja in Shravan Month) is the most auspicious day to perform Shiva Puja in Sawan month. In 2015, Sawan Shivratri date is …
Jun 24, 2015 – 2015 Sawan Shivratri Date and Puja Muhurat. Savan Shivratri 2015 on Chaturdashi Tithi (Krishna Paksha) during Shravana month is known as …
5 days ago – The month of Sawan is considered as one of the most auspicious months of the Hindu calendar. The entire month is dedicated to the worship of …
Jan 29, 2015 – Check MASIK SHIVRATRI 2015 DATES and plan. … Sawan Somvar Vrat 2015 Dussehra 2015 – Vijaya Dashami 2015 – Dasara 2015 Baisakhi …